Monday, January 16, 2012

Hazelwood and Eczema

Hmmm, I just came across a few blogs regarding hazelwood and how it helps those who have eczema. Something about eczema suffers may have too much acidity in their system and hazelwood takes away the acidity to help clear up the rash.

Well, I'm a sucker for natural remedies and so I just bought online a hazelwood necklace...what could I lose really? I mean, it looks pretty good to just wear as jewellery. I bought this one. :) I also got a bracelet with a mixture of Amber, as Amber is supposed to help with any aches and pains. Worth trying out I think.

So I'm not sure when I'll get my delivery but I'm getting excited to start this testing and hoping it may help me keep my eczema breakouts in check. This winter weather is not helping me at all. I just put on some lotion and all I've done thus far is scratch it off. I need to stay moisturized but it's hard, I can feel the heat suck all the moisture out of my skin. My man put on the humidifier for me as he knows I get really dry and itchy without it. So sweet.

Anyways, I was so excited about this find, that I needed to record it here and to keep whoever is following me in the know. :) I will provide an update this as soon as I get to use it. Some people are saying the results are like within 24 hours of wearing it. Who knows, may help.

Oh and by the way, HAPPY 2012!!! xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us eczema sufferers in the know. I have rashs on about 50% of my body so any advice I can get is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SBM, so glad you find my blog useful. I'm still waiting for my order but will let you know how it works out.

    All the products I use and blog here work really well; but, always remember to keep a few of them in stock. I notice that if I switch the products out once in awhile my skin response better.

    Like the Calendula Baby Oil by Weleda, I started using it again alternating with Oilatum and it felt great on my skin as I put it on just before I get out of the shower rubbing it into my skin to moisturize. :)

    I'm always looking, I hope I can find something that will help you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, just want to provide an update on this. I wore the necklace and bracelet for a week and nothing amazing happened. Well, to be fair my skin was at it's pretty worse state and having anything touching my skin was not ideal.

    Some how I think this product may be good for those who doesn't have very dry skin like I do. I mean if they refer to acidity in the body, I'm thinking maybe this means those who has oilier skin and the necklace would help them. I don't know. So far, not a great remedy. We'll see how it works in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For anyone out there listening. I have been wearing a hazelwood necklace, bracelet and anklet for a month. I have a moderate case of eczema on both legs, neck and one arm. I had managed to get the eczema under control about 75 percent by drinking a skin detox tea, using vanicream soap and cream. After wearing the hazelwood jewelry my skin has "totaling" stop itching. I have horrific rashes on my legs and they have lightened. The rash on my arm has practically cleared up and the rash on my neck is gone. I am thinking about buying another anklet for my other leg and the rashes are unsightly. The point is if you can stop the itching you will not stratch. I do not know how the hazelwood works and do not care. I ain't going to stop wearing the jewelry. I only take it off when I take a bath. Hazelaid website says that it can be worn in the shower. The only way that you are going to find out if hazelwood will work for you is to try it. As far as I am concerned it is miracolous.

      Delete