Sunday, March 8, 2009

Eczema Friendly Products

Since I'm always looking for new products for Eczema or any news that may help with managing Eczema, I thought I would start adding some information in my blog just in case it may help others find the right products. If it's going to be good for Eczema sufferers then you'll find it here in my blog somewhere. :) I'll also have my own opinion on what others may claim is good for Eczema. Here are some information I read this week, hope it may help you cope with your Eczema.

Borage Dry Skin Therapy

This is supposed to be a really good product for children with Eczema. I found this tidbit from the following blog: http://www.quintooples.com/2009/03/endorsements-eczema-and-shoes.html

It seems this product worked really well for two of her kids.

And I checked the rating for this product on Skin Deep. It's rated 2, which is a low hazard rating. So thumbs up.

You can read more about this product here. http://www.shikai.com/publications/borageChildrenSkin.htm

There's also a version for Adults from the same manufacturer but the rating on Skin Deep is 3 to 4. Which is a bit higher in hazardous ingredients than the children's formula. The lower the rating the better though. The Curel lotion I'm using is rated 3 which is a moderate hazard rating. :)

I don't think Borage Dry Skin Therapy lotion is available in Canada though. I haven't seen it in stores, maybe it's available near you in the U.S.

Mangosteen Fruit/Juice

Hmmm, have you tasted a mangosteen? It's a delicious tropical fruit. I was first introduced to this fruit during my stay in Singapore. It takes a bit of skill to break open the skin to get to the good stuff inside. If you are not careful the purple colour just inside of the skin will stain your clothes. So I recommend that you don't eat it wearing anything white!

I just read that this fruit is supposed to be good for Eczema sufferers but it didn't do much for me. I only eat one to three at a time because I was a bit allergic to it. (If you've been reading my other updates, you know I'm allergic to a lot of food. :p) But some are testifying that it improved their Eczema. Check out the site to read more...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hasiya, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog and my girlfriend has now read and book marked your site to keep up with any eczema related products. Thanks again and I love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alan, I hope something here works for her. Some are natural products that she can just try to moisturize her hands with,like using olive oil for instance when her hands are still damp. :) Sometimes, alternating between moisturizers help.

    ReplyDelete