Friday, November 28, 2008

Moisturing Is Important to Keep Ezcema at bay

I've had eczema all my life from a baby till present day. If you are an eczema sufferer then you must know how hard it is to find the right products that won't irritate your skin. If your baby is affected by this irritating skin condition then I hope my trial and errors with products will help you find the right product for yourself or your child.

Basically, I've tried many products and when my eczema flairs up the only product that keeps my skin moisturized and does not irritate my skin is Curel-Continuous Comfort -fragrance free. (Make sure you do not buy the other variations. Only the the Fragrance free worked for me.) It gets absorbed very quickly and does not leave any oily film on your skin. ( You can get this product at any drugstore. Shoppers Drugmart, Walmart, PharmaPlus etc.)

When I was younger my dermatologist used to recommend Keri Lotion, but that never worked for me. Aveeno products usually do not work for me either. I'm so allergic to so many ingredients and certain lotion textures irritate my skin.

As I am getting older, I want to ensure that I'm using the proper creams/lotion on my face to keep my wrinkles at bay and to smooth out my flaking dry skin. My dermatologist suggested that I use the brand La Roche Posay. I'm just about to receive the a shipment of the product Cicaplast. The sample I used really worked. It was so instant, it amazed me. I only used it once and it's been a week since I've tried it --once - and it's still working. So I'm excited to start using the product regularly. I'll provide more updates on this product at a later date. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment