Saturday, November 29, 2008

Not affected by Beef tonight?!!

It's been 3 hours since I had my dinner with ground beef and my face seems fine.
I did get an itch around my right corner of my lips during the dinner but it's not itchy anymore.

So now I'm wondering what else I ate last night that might have triggered off my eczema! The only thing I did different yesterday was the Beef pasta, so it's a mystery.

On to another topic...I was just searching the net again on Eczema and there are so many site talking about this skin condition and some claiming there are cures. There are no cures man, let's just face it. It's going to be a life long skin management to ensure that the rashes and the itching doesn't get out of hand. The worst feeling is having dry, flaky, red, itchy and stingy skin and ALL OVER YOUR BODY. The thing is that once the flare disappears someone who doesn't know you might not even know you have Ezcema if you didn't scratch so hard that your skin bleeds and leaves a scar. That's why people who claim they know how it feels to have Eczema really pisses me off.

"Don't scratch!" Yeah, easy to say and hard to do buddy!

Anyways, I have been itchy on and off today. I've decided to stop using the Shea Butter all together and concentrate just on the Curel and my medicated cream. I must use the meidcated cream once I see red skin because if I don't it just gets worse.

I'm going to search some more about "Cure your eczema" by Janet Simpson. She claims by following her system for 14 days you'll get rid of your Eczema. But she's going to charge $29.95 for her advice. I'm still wondering where else I can get to look at what she is claiming to be working for thousand of people. I'm not going to spend money on just advice baby!

1 comment:

  1. I found out 3 years after having my firstborn that I am allergic to beef. We were eating it nearly every day in canned beefaroni, etc products. I had a head to toe rash that I couldn't get rid off, intestinal pain, really stinky gas, and at times diarrhea. I finally went to an allergist (I've had dermititis issues since I was 7 and had only ever seen a dermatologist - my other sisters were lucky enough to be seen by an allergist for their asthma/animal allergies) and had a blood panel and scratch panel done. Turns out I'm allergic to more things then I knew, but as you know those panels are pretty generalized and its still up to you to find out what else you are sensitive to (BTW, coco butter and shea butter for me as well). But anyways, now I MOSTLY stay away from beef, ground, in hot dogs, straight-up, but I haven't really worked hard to avoid things that may contain beef besides the obvious. I have no idea ATM if I'm allergic to milk but I never drank it like my family did. Too much ice cream or cheese will give me diarrhea but my DH has a more sensitive issue with it then I do. Anyways, I hope your blog helps you to be able to find out what your sensitivies are and how to find better daily relief. my mom has only recently gotten a severe rash from some antibiotics and now sees what I've been suffering with since I as 7. It helps so much when others know how you are feeling and what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete