Saturday, January 10, 2009

Panic Attack

Okay, so I was searching online again for eczema relief products and discovered some disturbing information about ingredients used in the lotions I've been using and are working for me. I'm so torn now because they are working but some of the ingredients used are known to be toxic and is not good for your body. They get absorbed into through your skin and can then cause problems. :(

Aaargh, now I have to really look for totally natural remedies because I want to eliminate putting on lotions that may cause other problems for me. I know we can totally eliminate all the bad things in life but I'm going to lessen the amount of harmful substances my body intakes. So the search is on for creams/lotions to use on my skin again.

After reading that "white petrolatum" is not good for my body because it can cause cancer!!! This ingredient is on every product that I use including my medicated cream base, I'm sure. I know I need my medicated creams when I have a major flare up so I can't avoid using it but I'm determine to lessen the exposure to this ingredient as much as I can. So last night I started using the 100% Pure Shea Butter. That is purely natural so I feel better about using it.

I'll talk about what other medicated ointment I'm using later tonight after I come home from my dinner with my friends. This ointment is suppose to be better for my face because it's an ointment so it help hydrate and skin will it stops the eczema. It's not steroids so it's safe to use on my face to avoid the thinning affects on my skin.

Anyways, this is just a short update to let you know that I'll be searching for organic natural products to hydrate my skin now. For my body and my face. It's going to be a long search because I am so allergic to so many ingredients that whatever I choose will be products I can both tolerate and works for my skin. There seems to be a lot of these products out there. They are a lot more expensive than what you'll find in the stores but hey man or woman, our health is important.

I'm going to continue to use the Shea Butter tonight to see if I could make it work. Oh I mix in tea tree oil on spots that was itchy just to help and that also is natural. I know I'm freaking myself out but I just feel if I can keep it as natural as possible it's going to help me in the long run.

Before I head out I'm going to spray a bit of the Thermal Spring Water on my hands and put some of the Shea Butter on. It's freezing out there today and that isn't good for my dry chapped hands.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment