Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lubriderm Lotion - Unscented Moisture


Just as I said before, I'm always looking for "backup" lotions just in case my favourite body moisturizer, Curel, is not available at my favourite store. Contrary to what my friends may think, I'm a frugal shopper, especially when it comes to necessities. :)

You guessed it, I wasn't able to buy my usual Curel body lotion, so I had to find something else. I've heard about Lubriderm from my friends before but never tried it because I'm always worried about anything scented. However, I saw this unscented lotion the other day so I bought it to try. Well, I had to get something. The Shea Butter was a bit too greasy to use other than after my shower. Plus, it was starting to make me itch. :( So sad about that by the way, because I really wanted to use something that is all natural.

Anyways, I've been using this Lubriderm lotion for about 4 days now and it's okay. 580ml and around $6. One thing I like about this bottle is that you can see how much you've used, that will help me keep track of when I should get more. With the Curel bottle, you can't see through it and that's why I am in this situation now having to use a backup. :( You've seen the commercials haven't you? It claims to help you change your crocodile skin to soft and smooth all day long. Or am I remembering another brand?

Moving on, I would say that when I first put the lotion on my skin felt and looked moisturized. However, it only lasts for about 2 hours for me, not like Curel where it was really 24 hours or at least 8 hours because I didn't need to put on the lotion again until after I shower.

As a backup to ensure I moisturize my skin without irritation, I would recommend Lubriderm for those of you with the same dry skin type as I have. However, if you are looking for 24 hour moisture...Lubriderm Unscented Moisture is not going to do it for you. Nevertheless, it is still a pretty good product for sensitive skin. So I'm glad I bought it and am using it until my Curel is once again available at Walmart!!! (I still can't believe there was nothing available for at least 3 weeks now at all the locations near my place!)

No comments:

Post a Comment